Job Title Web Graphic UI/UX Designer
Reports To VDS Product Owner
BuildOn Technologies is a software product and services company founded to serve the needs of the homebuilding and construction industries. Our clients leverage our products and services to better serve the homebuyer during the sales, design and selection processes when purchasing a new home. Our clients also use our solutions to manage and operate their building services operation while estimating, quoting, purchasing, fabricating and installing the homebuyer’s selected products. As the premier software product and services company in the homebuilding and construction industries, our solutions have been helping clients solve their toughest problems for more than 20 years.
At BuildOn Technologies, we support the continuous education of our employees, and offer several opportunities for learning and improvement, including programs that pay for certifications.
Lead the web application development effort in the areas of Graphic Design and User Experience.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Facilitate the product owner’s vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Design and deliver mockups and individual graphical elements optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Edit images for use on web pages.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders within an agile Scrum environment.
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
- Implement designs using modern front-end development technologies.
Qualifications & Required Skills
- 3+ years of UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- Expertise in standard UX software such as Sketch, OmniGraffle, Axure, InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq, and/or Framer.
- 3+ years of experience using Adobe Photoshop and / or Illustrator.
- Ability to work with product owner and/or stakeholders to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Experience designing UX solutions within a Scrum-based development process.
- Up to date with latest UX design trends and best practices
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and customers.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking.
- Ability to work effectively in an agile Scrum team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model, to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Front-end framework experience
- Strong portfolio of design projects
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Graphic Design
Full Benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance options; paid time off; retirement plan option; hybrid work opportunities.