Job Title Scrum Master
Reports To Director, Software Development
BuildOn Technologies is a software product and services company founded to serve the needs of the homebuilding and construction industries. Our clients leverage our products and services to better serve the homebuyer during the sales, design and selection processes when purchasing a new home. Our clients also use our solutions to manage and operate their building services operation while estimating, quoting, purchasing, fabricating and installing the homebuyer’s selected products. As the premier software product and services company in the homebuilding and construction industries, our solutions have been helping clients solve their toughest problems for more than 20 years.
At BuildOn Technologies, we support the continuous education of our employees, and offer several opportunities for learning and improvement, including programs that pay for certifications.
The Scrum Master works alongside the Scrum Teams to oversee and guide their operations, ensuring that the teams follow scrum framework values and agile practices, mentoring and motivating the teams to improve processes, facilitate meeting and decision-making processes and eliminating team impediments.
To be successful as a scrum master, you should have a firm grasp of agile practices and the ability to effectively manage and mentor development teams. An outstanding scrum master should have excellent interpersonal, project management and problem-solving skills.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Using agile methodology values, principles, and practices to plan, manage, and deliver solutions.
- Training, mentoring, and supporting scrum teams to follow agile values, principles, and practices.
- Determining and managing tasks, issues, risks, and action items.
- Scheduling and facilitating scrum events, meetings, and decision-making processes.
- Monitoring progress and performance and helping teams to make improvements.
- Planning and organizing demos and product/system testing.
- Ensuring the proper use of collaborative processes and removing impediments for the scrum team.
- Tracking project processes, deliverables, and financials.
- Preparing and presenting status reports to stakeholders.
Qualifications & Required Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a relevant field preferred.
- Certified scrum master, SAFe preferred.
- 3+ years of experience as a scrum master or in a similar role.
- Working knowledge of agile methodology, techniques, and frameworks, such as Scrum or Kanban, to deliver solutions.
- Leadership and management experience.
- Excellent people and project management skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Full Benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance options; paid time off; retirement plan option; hybrid work opportunities.